Monday, July 18, 2011

Go Speed Racer!

It's hotter than hot here in the Lou. I don't like hotness. Especially when you are gasping for air just to breathe outside much less wog. I HAVE been going to the gym and doing the dreamill. Have I mentioned I HATE the dreadmill?????? But since I like heat and humdity even less, it's the dreadmill or nothing.

I am kind of skipping around on Couch to 5K and just doing what I am in the mood for. I've been mostly focusing on weeks 4 and 5. 5 minutes is the longest I have gone in one stretch, but it wasn't too hard so I think I'm ready for more. I'm planning to hit the gym tomorrow. I've also been doing weights after my wogs since I'm only doing about 2 miles on the treadmill.

Last Thursday I focused on speed. I mentioned in my first post that I was sprinter in high school. I was pretty fast for a white girl. I started on Couch to 5K Week 1 day 1: 1 minute of jogging with 90 seconds of walking. I tried to RUN those 1 minute intervals. I normally wog at about 4.5 on the treadmill (12:30/mile or so I think). I tried to bump it up to 5.8-6.2 (6 is a 10 minute mile). It felt GREAT to be moving faster than I had a long time. Have I mentioned I have oompa loompa stumpy legs?? I swear I have the shortest stride of anyone I know. So have to work twice at hard to move the distance of most people!!

Tomorrow I will attempt to go LONGER than 5 minutes per stretch! I still need to conquer that first mile!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment